Pret’s chocolate and almond butter cookies
- Online only
- Makes 8
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 15-17 min
Many of us are missing our creature comforts during lockdown but nothing can fill the huge cookie-shaped hole that now exists in our hearts because we can’t get to Pret to pick up their famous chocolate and almond butter cookies.
Fear not cookie fiends, you can now recreate Pret’s vegan chocolate cookies at home with this easy mix and fold recipe. All you need to do is measure the dry and wet ingredients separately, then mix together using a wooden spoon – no fancy gadgets required.
- Vegan recipes
- 45g caster sugar
- 110g soft light brown sugar
- 40g almond pieces (see tip)
- 115g dark chocolate, cut into chunks (or use chocolate chips)
- A generous pinch of fine salt
- 205g plain flour
- 20g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 70g almond butter
- 65g coconut oil (see tip)
- 100g golden syrup
- 40ml water
You’ll also need
- 1 large or 2 baking trays lined with compostable baking paper
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 6. Put both sugars, almonds, chocolate and salt into a large bowl, then sieve in the flour, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda. Mix to combine.
- In a separate small bowl mix the almond butter, coconut oil, golden syrup and water together then add to the large bowl. Mix using a wooden spoon then bring the dough together using your hands.
- Divide the cookie dough to make 8 equal balls, space out on the prepared baking tray/s then flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 15 – 17 minutes, this will vary depending on thickness – if the edges of the cookies feel firm but centre is still soft, it should be ready to take out. Leave to cool for 15 minutes, then enjoy!
Recipe © Pret A Manger 2020
For best results, use flaked almonds lightly smashed up, but whole almonds, chopped into small pieces will also work well.
If you don’t have coconut oil at home, you could swap out for groundnut oil.
Chill the shaped cookies for up to 1-2 days, covered, then bake from chilled adding a few minutes to the bake time.
Rate & review