Quick chicken tikka
- July 2010
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 5 min; hob time 20 min
Quick, great value and utterly delicious – this quick chicken tikka recipe is sure to become a firm favourite.
- 13.7g fat (2.1g saturated)
- 44g protein
- 55.8g carbs (4.2g sugars)
- 1.4g salt
- 3 large skinless free-range chicken breasts, sliced into large pieces
- 6 tbsp tikka curry paste (we used Patak’s Tikka Masala Paste)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g passata
- 100ml vegetable stock or water, hot
- 3 tbsp full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp mango chutney
- 240g basmati rice
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lime, plus extra halves to serve
- Large bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped, plus extra to serve
- Coat the chicken in the curry paste and set aside. Meanwhile, whizz the onion and garlic in a small food processor to a paste. Heat the oil and cook the onion and garlic paste for 3 minutes over a low heat until soft.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the chicken to the pan, scraping all the curry paste in with it. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes, then pour over the passata and the hot stock or water. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 8 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened. Stir through the yogurt and mango chutney to taste and cook for 1-2 minutes until heated through.
- Meanwhile, put the rice in a large saucepan with 500ml cold water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave covered for a further 5 minutes. Fork through the lime zest and juice, the chopped coriander and some seasoning. Serve the rice with the chicken tikka, sprinkled with the extra coriander, and lime halves on the side.
Watch the video recipe…
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cheat’s Thai prawn stir-fry
This super-quick Thai stir-fry recipe works really well with strips of rump steak or chicken...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...