Chicken Thai-fried rice
- August 2011
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp Waitrose Spicy Thai Mix (lemongrass, coriander, ginger, garlic and chilli)
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 300g pouch steamed jasmine rice (we like Veetee)
- 180g pack Waitrose Shredded Chicken Breast, or similar
- 1 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce
- Handful of fresh coriander and mint, chopped
- Drizzle of sweet chilli sauce
- Small handful of pistachios, roughly chopped
- Heat the groundnut oil in a pan over a medium heat, add the shallots and cook until softened and golden, stirring occasionally. Stir through the Spicy Thai Mix and spring onions. Fry for a minute or so. Fold through the steamed jasmine rice and shredded chicken breast.
- Continue to cook, stirring, until the rice and chicken are piping hot. Stir through the soy sauce, then fold through the chopped herbs. Drizzle with sweet chilli sauce and scatter with chopped pistachios before serving.
For a simple variation, swap the rice for a pack of straight-to-wok noodles
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...