Quick prawn, pea and bacon rice
- February 2006
- Serves 2
- Ready in 20 minutes
Create a speedy rice dinner, with zesty prawns, fresh peas and salty bacon, in just 20 minutes. It’s a simple paella-inspired recipe but without any fuss and ready in no time at all.
- 450ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 rashers streaky bacon, chopped
- 125g long grain rice
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 100g frozen peas
- 150g large, cooked and peeled prawns
- Lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Make up the stock. Heat the oil in a wide, deep frying pan over a high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Tip away most of the fat from the pan, then return the pan to a medium heat.
- Stir in the rice and zest. Cook for 30 seconds, then stir in the stock. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the peas, cook for 3 minutes, then stir in the prawns. Cook for 2 minutes, until the prawns are heated through and the rice is cooked.
- Stir in the bacon and season to taste. Divide between plates and serve with the lemon wedges, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Baked king prawn rice
This is a lovely baked king prawn rice dish with a distinctly Spanish feel. It’s...