Quick prawn, pea and bacon rice
- February 2006
- Serves 2
- Ready in 20 minutes
Create a speedy rice dinner, with zesty prawns, fresh peas and salty bacon, in just 20 minutes. It’s a simple paella-inspired recipe but without any fuss and ready in no time at all.
- 450ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 rashers streaky bacon, chopped
- 125g long grain rice
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 100g frozen peas
- 150g large, cooked and peeled prawns
- Lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Make up the stock. Heat the oil in a wide, deep frying pan over a high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Tip away most of the fat from the pan, then return the pan to a medium heat.
- Stir in the rice and zest. Cook for 30 seconds, then stir in the stock. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the peas, cook for 3 minutes, then stir in the prawns. Cook for 2 minutes, until the prawns are heated through and the rice is cooked.
- Stir in the bacon and season to taste. Divide between plates and serve with the lemon wedges, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Baked king prawn rice
This is a lovely baked king prawn rice dish with a distinctly Spanish feel. It’s...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...