Quick prawn and brown rice pilaf
- April 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
We’ve used packets of microwave rice to cut down the cooking time on this gently spiced prawn and pea pilaf – ideal for a speedy midweek dinner.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 15.7g (5.9g saturated)
- 34.7g (1.9g sugars)
- 2 x 250g packs Tilda steamed brown basmati
- 30g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 150g cooked sustainable king prawns
- 100g frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 50g cashew nuts, lightly toasted in a dry frying pan
- Small bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
To serve (optional)
- Lemon wedges and yogurt
- Cook the rice in the microwave according to the packet instructions. Melt the butter in a medium frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and gently fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the ground coriander and turmeric, then cook for 1-2 minutes more. Add the hot rice and prawns, stir to combine, then cook for a further 2 minutes or until thoroughly warmed through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the peas, spring onions, cashew nuts and coriander. Serve with lemon wedges and yogurt.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Best of British recipes
Cheat’s bubble and squeak cakes with smoked haddock and eggs
This easy recipe livens up an ordinary pack of bubble and squeak with the smoky...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...