Quick prawn and brown rice pilaf
- April 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
We’ve used packets of microwave rice to cut down the cooking time on this gently spiced prawn and pea pilaf – ideal for a speedy midweek dinner.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 15.7g (5.9g saturated)
- 34.7g (1.9g sugars)
- 2 x 250g packs Tilda steamed brown basmati
- 30g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 150g cooked sustainable king prawns
- 100g frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 50g cashew nuts, lightly toasted in a dry frying pan
- Small bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
To serve (optional)
- Lemon wedges and yogurt
- Cook the rice in the microwave according to the packet instructions. Melt the butter in a medium frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and gently fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the ground coriander and turmeric, then cook for 1-2 minutes more. Add the hot rice and prawns, stir to combine, then cook for a further 2 minutes or until thoroughly warmed through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the peas, spring onions, cashew nuts and coriander. Serve with lemon wedges and yogurt.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cheat’s griddled steaks with caramelised onions and garlic mayo
A steak recipe has never been so easy. We’ve used good quality chutney and slices...