Quick sausages in white wine sauce on potato cakes
- October 2005
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 20 mins
Inspired by the classic Irish combination of sausage and potato cakes, this quick recipe makes a hearty weeknight dinner in just a matter of minutes.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 6 pork and herb sausages
- 150g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- Good splash of white wine
- 200ml half-fat crème fraîche
- 8 Irish potato farls
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and fry for 2 minutes.
- Halve the sausages and add to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until just turning golden. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add a good splash of white wine and boil to reduce the sauce. Stir in the crème fraîche, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the Irish potato farls. Divide between 4 plates and top with the creamy sausages and mushrooms to serve. Season to taste.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sausages with creamy spinach sauce and garlic and caper mash
We’ve taken bangers and mash to a whole new level by adding garlic and capers...