Quick sausages in white wine sauce on potato cakes
- October 2005
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 20 mins
Inspired by the classic Irish combination of sausage and potato cakes, this quick recipe makes a hearty weeknight dinner in just a matter of minutes.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 6 pork and herb sausages
- 150g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- Good splash of white wine
- 200ml half-fat crème fraîche
- 8 Irish potato farls
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and fry for 2 minutes.
- Halve the sausages and add to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until just turning golden. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add a good splash of white wine and boil to reduce the sauce. Stir in the crème fraîche, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the Irish potato farls. Divide between 4 plates and top with the creamy sausages and mushrooms to serve. Season to taste.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sausages with creamy spinach sauce and garlic and caper mash
We’ve taken bangers and mash to a whole new level by adding garlic and capers...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...