Quick spring green, sweet potato and chilli frittata
- March 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 15 min
Frittata, made with spring greens, creamy goat’s cheese, sweet potato and a kick of chilli heat, is an easy vegetarian dinner that’s just as good served cold the next day.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 22.8g (8.3g saturated)
- 45.4g (14.5g sugars)
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 100g spring greens, finely shredded
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 50ml skimmed milk
- 100g frozen peas, thawed
- 100g soft goat’s cheese
- Heat the oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan/gas 4. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, then add the sweet potatoes and cook for 10 minutes or until nearly tender. Drain.
- Heat a 23cm ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Add a glug of oil, then fry the onion for a few minutes or until it starts to colour. Add the spring greens and fry for 3-4 minutes until they start to soften. Add the drained sweet potato along with the chilli and garlic, then lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk until combined, then season with salt and pepper. Add the peas and goat’s cheese, then mix again. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in the frying pan and stir a little to combine. Transfer to the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until set. Turn out the frittata, slice into wedges and serve with a bitter leaf salad tossed in a lemony dressing.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Halloumi and sweet potato burgers with chilli, mint and mashed avocado
Slices of halloumi and sweet potato are marinated, grilled and placed in burger buns spread...
Maple, parmesan and rosemary sweet potato chips
Sweet potato chips flavoured with maple, rosemary and a generous amount of parmesan make the...