16 easy recipes using a bag of sweet potatoes
Lower in carbohydrates and calories than regular white potatoes, but still just as cheap and versatile, sweet potatoes are a firm favourite with healthy eaters.
We like them for their slightly sweet flavour, which works perfectly in curries, pilafs and as chips. Try these recipes which use 1.5kg of sweet potatoes, plus a few more ingredients, to make an easy, filling dinner.
1. Two-potato, pancetta and parmesan hash
Need an effortless, comforting dinner? Throw everything in one pan and enjoy these crispy, golden potatoes.
2. Diana Henry’s pilaf of mixed grains, sweet potato and fennel
For a hearty vegetarian dinner, try Diana Henry’s recipe served with avocado cream.
3. Carrot, sweet potato and feta fritters
Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime and an yogurt for dipping for a heavenly lunch.
4. Spiced lamb burgers with sweet potato wedges
Sweet potato wedges are a great side for these garam masala and chilli-spiced lamb burgers.
5. Spicy pork stew with sweet potatoes and beans
Crusty bread is essential for soaking up the juices of this warming, hearty stew.
6. Quick spring green, sweet potato and chilli frittata
Leftovers from this easy frittata – made with goat’s cheese, chilli, greens and peas – is just as good eaten cold the next day.
7. Honey-mustard sausages with sweet potato wedges
Just combine the ingredients in one dish and pop in the oven for a sticky sausage traybake.
8. Chunky fish and sweet potato curry
Make a double portion of these easy fish curry and freeze half for another day.
9. Natasha Corrett’s sweet potato falafels
Much healthier than the fried version, these gluten-free falafel are still crisp on the outside but soft and spiced in the middle.
10. Baked sweet potato with spicy chickpeas
Harissa-spiced kale and chickpeas make a wonderful vegetarian topping for sweet potatoes.
11. Fishcakes with minty peas and spinach
We’ve put a healthier twist on classic British fishcakes and it’s only right to serve them with minty peas!
12. Sweet potato and barley pilaf
Zesty basil dressing is a lovely addition to this spinach, sweet potato and goat’s cheese pilaf.
13. Easy warm roast cauliflower, sweet potato and quinoa salad
Roasted cauliflower turns wonderfully crispy and golden in the oven – it’s lovely in this simply quinoa salad.
14. Sweet potato, chicken and ginger soup
Warming fresh ginger and ground coriander add a gentle spice to this filling soup.
15. Quick charred spring onion and sweet potato salad
Charred sweet potato is combines with lamb’s lettuce, feta and Middle Eastern za’tar seasoning to make a salad that’s filling enough for a midweek dinner.
16. Cod with garlic sweet potato mash and lemon spinach
You only need 25 minutes to make this low-calorie dinner recipe.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine this month for a half price subscriptionSubscribe