Quick, warm duck salad with poached egg
- September 2008
- 225g mini duck fillets
- 260g pack prepared fresh peas and runner beans
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 100g herb leaf salad
- A good handful vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the duck fillets and cook for 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned but still a little pink inside. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, microwave the fresh peas and runner beans according to the pack instructions. Set aside.
- Heat a small pan of water until just simmering, swirl the water and crack in the eggs. Poach for 3-4 minutes and drain on kitchen paper.
- To assemble, divide the salad between 2 plates, scatter with the warm peas and beans, cherry tomatoes and the duck.
- Drizzle over some salad dressing of your choice and top each with a poached egg. Serve with crusty bread, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Smoked duck salad with pomegranate
This smoked duck and pomegranate salad recipe looks like a sophisticated starter yet it takes...