Smoked duck salad with pomegranate
- January 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 20 minutes to cook
This smoked duck and pomegranate salad recipe looks like a sophisticated starter yet it takes only half an hour and is easily assembled.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 120g pack smoked duck slices
- 300g pre-cooked beetroot, cut into wedges
- 3 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses (from good delis; see tip)
- 2 white chicory, leaves separated
- ½ x 120g pack pomegranate seeds
- Take the smoked duck out of the fridge before you start, to allow it to come to room temperature (this will improve the flavour).
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Place the beetroot in a roasting tray, drizzle with walnut oil, season, then roast for 15 minutes.
- Pour over the pomegranate molasses and roast for another 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the chicory leaves among 4 plates, top with the roasted beetroot and smoked duck, then scatter with the pomegranate seeds. Drizzle with the beetroot roasting juices, then serve.
If you can’t find pomegranate molasses, use a good-quality balsamic vinegar instead. Or make your own molasses by boiling pomegranate juice in a pan over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes until syrupy.
Rate & review