Roast beef fillet with a horseradish crust
- November 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 30 minutes to cook, plus resting
A roast beef fillet recipe with a fresh horseradish crust, ideal for a special occasion or Sunday lunch.
Complete your weekend feast with our Sunday roast side dish recipes.
- 27.1g (13.3g saturated)
- 4.8g (2.4g sugars)
- 3 tsp freshly grated horseradish (or ready-grated English Provender Hot Horseradish, from Waitrose)
- 3 tsp English mustard
- 3 tbsp horseradish cream
- 1 garlic bulb, crushed
- 75g fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 700g beef fillet
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 head of garlic, broken into cloves (unpeeled)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Mix the grated horseradish in a bowl with the mustard, horseradish cream, crushed garlic, breadcrumbs, thyme and melted butter. Season. Rub the beef fillet all over with the olive oil, then press the crust onto the top and sides, leaving the ends exposed.
- Put the fillet in a lightly oiled, shallow roasting tray along with the garlic cloves. Roast in the oven for 35 minutes for medium-rare (or longer if you’d prefer). Remove and set the beef aside to rest for 10 minutes, loosely covered with foil. Serve sliced with the chipped potatoes and cauliflower gratin.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Beef salad recipes
Seared Asian beef fillet with crunchy pomelo salad
This is a really simple salad that pairs seared beef fillet with crunchy veggies, citrusy...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...