Roast chicken legs and plums
- December 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 30-35 minutes to cook
Got a glut of plums? Lucky you! The plums in this roast chicken recipe give the meat a delicious fruity, sticky flavour – best eaten with your fingers.
- 15g (4.7g saturated)
- 17.1g (14.8g sugars)
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 3 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 whole large free-range chicken, jointed into 8 pieces
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 6 plums, halved and stoned
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Small bunch of fresh thyme, leaves stripped
- 15g unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Mix the honey and mustard together in a small bowl, then brush all over the pieces of chicken. Season.
- Mix the onion wedges and plum halves together in a roasting tin with the olive oil, fresh thyme leaves and some seasoning. Dot over the butter and top with the chicken pieces (skin-side up).
- Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, sticky and golden. Serve with creamy mash.
Rub grated fresh ginger and Chinese five-spice into the chicken instead of honey and mustard for an Oriental twist. Drizzle plum sauce over the plums and onion. Roast as above.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Honey & Co’s chicken, plum and sweet spice traybake
Chicken thighs are marinated in warming spices, demerara sugar and a fresh plum purée, before...