Roast chicken thighs with garlic butter potatoes and tomato salad
- August 2015
- Serves 4-6
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 30 min
A quick one pot chicken recipe with a refreshing tomato salad- perfect for midweek meals, and if you’re on a budget.
- 15.9g (6.4g saturated)
- 15.9g (3.8g sugars)
- 500g baby new potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 8 free-range chicken thighs
- 50g butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10 chives
- 1 small red onion
- 1 lemon
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- Small bunch fresh parsley
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/gas 6. Halve the potatoes, then put them in a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, season and turn to coat. Put the chicken thighs on top, skin-side up. Roast for 30 minutes, giving the potatoes a good stir after 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile put the butter in a bowl, crush in the garlic, finely chop the chives and mix.
- Thinly slice the onion. Put in a bowl, squeeze over the juice of ½ the lemon, add a pinch of salt, toss, then chill.
- After 30 minutes in the oven, top the chicken and potatoes with garlic butter. Roast for 5-10 minutes more until the potatoes are golden and the chicken is cooked through.
- Halve the tomatoes, then toss with the lemony onion. Tear in the parsley and dress with 2 tbsp oil and the rest of the lemon’s juice. Season and serve with the chicken.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sticky roast chicken thighs with carrot, sweetcorn and herb salad
A simple roast recipe using chicken thighs, served with a quick and easy salad, makes...