- August 2009
- For 4 people
- Takes 5 minutes to make and 40-45 minutes to cook
Roasted chicken thighs – with courgettes, baby beetroots garlic and thyme – is a cheap and cheerful dish for summer nights.
Looking for something different? Take a look at lots more chicken thigh recipes, here.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 12.8g (2.4g saturated)
- 8.1g (6.2g sugars)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs, or any other pieces
- 2 large courgettes, cut into chunks
- 8 baby beetroot, halved, or quartered if large
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs, chopped
- Head of garlic, cloves separated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan over a medium-high heat and gently fry the chicken pieces, skin-side down, for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken to a roasting tin, drizzle with the remaining olive oil and cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Add the vegetables, thyme and garlic, season well and roast for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is golden and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve with buttered rice.
This would also be great with roast cod. Roast the vegetables until almost tender, then sit cod fillets on top, drizzle with oil and roast for a further 5-10 minutes until cooked.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...