Roast sausage and spiced squash salad
- November 2009
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 15 mins, plus 30 mins cooking time
This inexpensive and warming sausage and butternut squash salad recipe is perfect for family meals.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 44g (13.1g saturated)
- 27.2g (11.9g sugar)
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into 8 wedges
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 (about 400g) good-quality sausages, halved
- 70g cubed pancetta
- 1 fat garlic clove, sliced
- 30g blanched hazelnuts
- 60g bag rocket
- 20g Parmesan shavings
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Mix the chilli flakes with the coriander, a little sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the squash in a shallow roasting tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp of the olive oil and dust with the spices, coating well. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Add the sausages, cubed pancetta and sliced garlic, then drizzle with a splash more oil. Roast for a further 10 minutes. Add the hazelnuts, then return to the oven for a further 5 minutes until the squash is tender and the sausages are cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, tear the squash into pieces and toss everything with the rocket, Parmesan, remaining oil and cider vinegar. Pile onto a large platter and serve while warm.
Rate & review