Roasted red onion, walnut and blue cheese pasta
- December 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 20 min
A comforting and quick pasta recipe which is full of flavour from tangy blue cheese and crunchy walnuts.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 25g (9g saturated)
- 73g (6.9g sugars)
- 2 red onions, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 350g fusilli pasta
- 150g frozen peas
- 4 medium free-range egg yolks
- 150ml half-fat crème fraîche
- 40g roquefort (or vegetarian alternative)
- 100g rocket
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- Handful of walnuts, toasted
- Heat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C fan/gas 7. Put the onion wedges in a large roasting tin, rub with the2 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the onions are starting to colour and soften.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the pasta. Boil for 10-12 minutes until al dente, adding the peas for the last 3 minutes. Drain, pour back into the pan, drizzle over a little oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the roasted onions to the pan.
- Mix together the egg yolks, crème fraîche and half the cheese in a bowl. Pour into the pan with the roasted onions and pasta and cook for 1 minute on a low heat. Stir through the rocket, lemon juice, zest and walnuts. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Budget pasta recipes
One-pot garlic, sun-dried tomato and pecorino pasta
This quick one-pan recipe will change the way you eat pasta. As garlic, chilli, tomatoes...