Three-cheese summer vegetable bake
- September 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 60 minutes to cook
This three-cheese bake recipe is packed with summer vegetables – fennel, courgette, pepper – and perfect for a midweek family meal.
- 16g (9.9g saturated)
- 27g (5.6g sugars)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 2 large potatoes, finely sliced
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- Handful of fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 100g good quality ham, torn
- 75g ricotta
- 200g mozzarella ball, torn
- 25g Parmesan, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Mix the onion, fennel, potatoes, courgette, red pepper and parsley in a bowl with the flour and plenty of seasoning.
- Spread a third of the mixture in the bottom of a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish and scatter over half the ham. Dollop over half the ricotta and a third of the mozzarella. Add another layer of vegetables, then layer up more ham, ricotta and mozzarella, saving the last third of the mozzarella for adding later.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, then remove the foil and scatter on the Parmesan and remaining mozzarella. Bake for 20 minutes until golden, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...