Three-cheese summer vegetable bake
- September 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 60 minutes to cook
This three-cheese bake recipe is packed with summer vegetables – fennel, courgette, pepper – and perfect for a midweek family meal.
- 16g (9.9g saturated)
- 27g (5.6g sugars)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 2 large potatoes, finely sliced
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- Handful of fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 100g good quality ham, torn
- 75g ricotta
- 200g mozzarella ball, torn
- 25g Parmesan, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Mix the onion, fennel, potatoes, courgette, red pepper and parsley in a bowl with the flour and plenty of seasoning.
- Spread a third of the mixture in the bottom of a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish and scatter over half the ham. Dollop over half the ricotta and a third of the mozzarella. Add another layer of vegetables, then layer up more ham, ricotta and mozzarella, saving the last third of the mozzarella for adding later.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, then remove the foil and scatter on the Parmesan and remaining mozzarella. Bake for 20 minutes until golden, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter