Roasted sausage casserole and beans
- December 2009
- Serves 6
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 1 hour to cook
A sausage casserole idea that’s both wallet and taste bud friendly – ideal for a weeknight meal. This recipe uses haricot beans, and Worcestershire sauce for a little kick.
- 37.9g (12.9 saturated)
- 42.5g (21.2g sugar)
- 12 Cumberland sausages
- 2 medium red onions, each one cut into eight
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g dry-cured unsmoked bacon lardons
- 50g tomato ketchup
- 1½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp treacle
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- A few good splashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 410g can haricot beans, drained
- Preheat the oven to 200°c/fan180°c/gas 6. Place the sausages, onions, oil and lardons in a large roasting tin, toss well, then cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, make the sauce by mixing together the ketchup, mustard, treacle, chopped tomatoes, worcestershire sauce, thyme and garlic.
- Add the beans and sauce to the roasting tin and mix everything together. Season and roast for a further 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve with green veg.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sausages with creamy spinach sauce and garlic and caper mash
We’ve taken bangers and mash to a whole new level...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter