Roasted sausage casserole and beans
- December 2009
- Serves 6
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 1 hour to cook
A sausage casserole idea that’s both wallet and taste bud friendly – ideal for a weeknight meal. This recipe uses haricot beans, and Worcestershire sauce for a little kick.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 37.9g (12.9 saturated)
- 42.5g (21.2g sugar)
- 12 Cumberland sausages
- 2 medium red onions, each one cut into eight
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g dry-cured unsmoked bacon lardons
- 50g tomato ketchup
- 1½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp treacle
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- A few good splashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 410g can haricot beans, drained
- Preheat the oven to 200°c/fan180°c/gas 6. Place the sausages, onions, oil and lardons in a large roasting tin, toss well, then cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, make the sauce by mixing together the ketchup, mustard, treacle, chopped tomatoes, worcestershire sauce, thyme and garlic.
- Add the beans and sauce to the roasting tin and mix everything together. Season and roast for a further 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve with green veg.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sausages with creamy spinach sauce and garlic and caper mash
We’ve taken bangers and mash to a whole new level by adding garlic and capers...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...