Quick braised sausages with borlotti beans
- July 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Adding tinned borlotti beans and spinach to quick braised sausages turns this one-pan recipe into a filling, budget-friendly dinner.
- 22.9g (8.4g saturated)
- 20.3g (4.8g sugars)
- Olive oil for frying
- 6 free-range British pork sausages, halved lengthways
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 125g young leaf spinach
- 2 x 400g tins borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- In a large deep frying pan, heat a glug of oil and add the sliced sausages. Fry for 5 minutes, turning every now and then, until golden brown.
- Add the onions to the pan (you may need to add more oil). Fry for 5-8 minutes until softening. Turn up the heat slightly and add the garlic, rosemary and vinegar, then cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add the spinach, a splash of water and the beans, then fry for another 5 minutes. Add the crème fraîche and cook for a minute more until all the spinach has wilted and the sausages are cooked through. Adjust seasoning to taste, then serve straightaway.
Next time, swap the wine vinegar for 100ml dry white wine and reduce it for 4-5 minutes over a high heat.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Frittata with cheese and herbs
Just five ingredients (plus a knob of butter) stand in between you and this easy...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...