Roasted squash minestrone
- November 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 40 minutes to cook
Take this hearty squash minestrone recipe to a Bonfire Night party in a Thermos or make it at home for the family on a cold winter’s evening.
- 15.3g (5g saturated)
- 45.1g (15.2g sugar)
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded
- and cut into small dice
- 5 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 8 fresh sage sprigs, shredded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 litres vegetable or chicken stock
- 100g small pasta shapes
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 100g green beans, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp grated vegetarian Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Place the squash, tomatoes, red onion and sage in a baking tray, season and drizzle over the oil. Roast for 30 minutes, until cooked through and beginning to brown.
- Place the stock in a large pan and bring to the boil. Add the pasta and chilli and simmer for 5 minutes, then add the beans and roasted vegetables and simmer for a further 5 minutes, until the pasta is tender. Stir in the Parmesan, pour into a flask or cool and pack into ‘pour and store’ plastic bags.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter