Roasted squash minestrone
- November 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 40 minutes to cook
Take this hearty squash minestrone recipe to a Bonfire Night party in a Thermos or make it at home for the family on a cold winter’s evening.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 15.3g (5g saturated)
- 45.1g (15.2g sugar)
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded
- and cut into small dice
- 5 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 8 fresh sage sprigs, shredded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 litres vegetable or chicken stock
- 100g small pasta shapes
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 100g green beans, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp grated vegetarian Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Place the squash, tomatoes, red onion and sage in a baking tray, season and drizzle over the oil. Roast for 30 minutes, until cooked through and beginning to brown.
- Place the stock in a large pan and bring to the boil. Add the pasta and chilli and simmer for 5 minutes, then add the beans and roasted vegetables and simmer for a further 5 minutes, until the pasta is tender. Stir in the Parmesan, pour into a flask or cool and pack into ‘pour and store’ plastic bags.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...