Salmon and quinoa tzatziki salad
- April 2014
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 15 mins
Dale Pinnock’s healthy salmon and quinoa tzatziki salad is cooling and refreshing, and best of all, the combination of ingredients has a stabilising effect on your blood sugar.
Looking for something else? We have lots more recipes for 1 person for you to try.
- 24.6g (5.4g saturated)
- 34.3g (9.8g sugars)
- 50g red and white quinoa
- ¼ cucumber, very finely chopped
- ½ small bunch fresh mint, leaves coarsely chopped
- 75g natural yogurt
- 1 bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cooked, sustainably sourced salmon fillet
- Put the quinoa in a saucepan and cover with freshly boiled water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain well.
- Mix together the chopped cucumber, mint and yogurt to make a creamy tzatziki. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the parsley into the cooked quinoa. Season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a lunch box. Put the salmon fillet on top and add a generous dollop of tzatziki. Store in the fridge until ready to eat.
To use a raw salmon fillet, heat a little oil in a pan and fry the fish, skin-side down, over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn over and fry for a further 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy salad recipes
Quinoa, tenderstem broccoli, avocado and tuna salad
If you’re looking for a healthy, tasty and super speedy...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter