Quinoa, tenderstem broccoli, avocado and tuna salad
- October 2017
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 15 min
If you’re looking for a healthy, tasty and super speedy meal, this is it. Ready in just 15 minutes and packed full of protein, this vibrant salad makes a great lunch or light supper.
Or, what about this quick, fibre-rich veggie salad bowl with broccoli, lentils, eggs and crunchy seeds?
- 46.2g (8g saturated)
- 44.7g (7.1g sugars)
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 150g tenderstem broccoli
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 250g pack of ready-cooked red and white quinoa
- 158g tin of drained and flaked tuna
- 1 small sliced avocado
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- Boil the eggs in a pan for 5-6 minutes for soft boiled. Drain and run under cold water to stop them cooking more. Peel, leaving whole.
- Meanwhile, cook the tenderstem broccoli in boiling water for 3-4 minutes until tender. Slice any thick stems. In a dry pan, toast the mixed seeds, then add a splash of olive oil, the honey and tamari. Cook for 1 minute or until sticky, then set aside to cool.
- Heat a the ready-cooked red and white quinoa according to the pack instructions, then arrange on 2 plates with the broccoli, tuna and sliced avocado. Halve or quarter the eggs and place on top.
- In a jug, whisk the extra-virgin olive oil, dijon mustard, white wine vinegar and a splash of water, then drizzle over the salad. Scatter with the seeds.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Feta, broccoli and mixed seed bulgur wheat salad
This superfood salad is a great way to start the week; double-up and take leftovers...