Pesto salmon, soya bean and quinoa salad
- May 2013
- Waitrose Easy to Cook Salmon Fillets with Pesto, or similar
- 225g Merchant Gourmet Ready to Eat Red and White Quinoa, or similar
- 75g Birds Eye frozen soya beans, defrosted, or similar
- 10 radishes, finely sliced
- Handful of fresh mint, finely chopped
- Small bunch of fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Put the salmon in a roasting tray and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the quinoa according to the pack instructions and cook the soya beans in boiling water for 3 minutes, then drain and refresh.
- Tip the warmed quinoa into a large bowl, then stir through the beans, radishes and herbs. Add the rapeseed oil and some seasoning, then toss.
- Remove the salmon from the oven, flake over the top, then gently mix it through and serve.
Next time, flake hot-smoked salmon into the soya bean and quinoa salad then top with a drizzle of horseradish cream.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Asparagus and quinoa salad with peas and broad beans
Spring produce such as asparagus, peas, broad beans and lovage are the star players in...
Stews, casseroles, pot-roasts and slow-roasts
Spring vegetable and quinoa stew with quick-pickled little gems
Stews aren’t just for winter – this vegetarian recipe using quinoa and spring vegetables for...