Simple salmon fishcakes with fennel slaw
- July 2010
- 500g King Edward potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks
- ½ small fennel bulb, very finely sliced, fronds reserved and chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 tsp soured cream and chive dip
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 160g hot-smoked salmon fillets, skin removed, flaked
- 25g rocket leaves
- Plain flour for dusting
- Put the potato into a large pan of cold salted water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain, return to the pan, cover and cook on a low heat for 1 minute to dry out. Season well and mash, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, make the slaw by tossing the fennel and spring onion in a bowl, then adding the dip, half the lemon zest and the fennel fronds. Mix well.
- Add the salmon, rocket and remaining zest to the mash and mix. Divide into 6-8 fishcakes. Shape with lightly floured hands. Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan, then fry the fishcakes for 1-2 minutes on each side over a medium heat until piping hot. Serve with the slaw and lemon wedges.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...