Runner bean spaghetti with salmon and capers
- March Unwins supplement 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on-time 15 min
Runner bean spaghetti: salty capers and smoky salmon marry together perfectly in this light, low carb summer salad for four
- 303 kcal
- 23.3g (8.2g saturated)
- 4.9g (4g sugars)
- 500g trimmed runner beans
- Olive oil for frying
- 2 heaped tbsp capers, drained and patted dry
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Good squeeze lemon juice
- 250g hot-smoked salmon, flaked
- 5 tbsp crème fraîche
- Small bunch each fresh dill and chives, snipped
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- Using a bean stringer or sharp knife, shred the runner beans into long strands.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan and fry the capers until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Steam the prepared beans for 3-4 minutes until just tender, toss in a bowl with the remaining ingredients while warm, then season well. Serve scattered with the crispy capers.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Spaghetti with avocado pesto
Spaghetti with avocado pesto is simple and delicious. A quick and cheap recipe to whip...