Runner bean spaghetti with salmon and capers
- March Unwins supplement 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on-time 15 min
Runner bean spaghetti: salty capers and smoky salmon marry together perfectly in this light, low carb summer salad for four
- 303 kcal
- 23.3g (8.2g saturated)
- 4.9g (4g sugars)
- 500g trimmed runner beans
- Olive oil for frying
- 2 heaped tbsp capers, drained and patted dry
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Good squeeze lemon juice
- 250g hot-smoked salmon, flaked
- 5 tbsp crème fraîche
- Small bunch each fresh dill and chives, snipped
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- Using a bean stringer or sharp knife, shred the runner beans into long strands.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan and fry the capers until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Steam the prepared beans for 3-4 minutes until just tender, toss in a bowl with the remaining ingredients while warm, then season well. Serve scattered with the crispy capers.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Spaghetti with pancetta, butter beans and rosemary
A simple yet hearty pasta recipe with crispy pancetta, creamy butter beans and aromatic rosemary.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...