Sausage and spinach spaghetti
- April 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Raid your cupboards and freezer for the ingredients to make this quick and satisfying sausage pasta recipe.
- 18g (7.3g saturated)
- 58g (5.3g sugars)
- 300g spaghetti (or other pasta)
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 British free-range sausages
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 150g frozen spinach, defrosted
- 60ml crème fraîche
- 1 lemon
- Parmesan, to serve
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, then add the spaghetti and cook for 9-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving 50ml of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, finely slice the onion and garlic and roughly chop the sausages into bite-size pieces. In a large frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and gently fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and sausages and cook for 2 minutes, then add the mustard and spinach. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then stir in the crème fraîche.
- Zest the lemon, then stir into the sauce along with the pasta and reserved water. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, then divide among 4 bowls and serve topped with a grating of parmesan.
If you prefer your pasta creamier, add a few more tablespoonfuls of crème fraîche in step 2.
Rate & review