Sausages in tomato sauce with cannellini beans
- April 2005
- Serves 2
- Ready in 35 minutes
This easy one-pot recipe combines meaty sausages with sweet tomato and filling cannellini beans for a hearty supper.
If you like a simple sausage ‘n’ bean meal, then take a look at this similar idea: our roasted sausage with beans recipe.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Olive oil
- Pack of sausages
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Can chopped Italian tomatoes
- Pinch of sugar
- 410g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Handful fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the sausages and cook until golden and cooked through, turning occasionally.
- Push the sausages to 1 side, add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan (swish out the can with a little water and pour that in, too). Add the sugar and seasoning and cook for 6-8 minutes, until thickened. Stir in the beans and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the basil, if using, just before serving.
Rate & review