Sausages in tomato sauce with cannellini beans
- April 2005
- Serves 2
- Ready in 35 minutes
This easy one-pot recipe combines meaty sausages with sweet tomato and filling cannellini beans for a hearty supper.
If you like a simple sausage ‘n’ bean meal, then take a look at this similar idea: our roasted sausage with beans recipe.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Olive oil
- Pack of sausages
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Can chopped Italian tomatoes
- Pinch of sugar
- 410g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Handful fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the sausages and cook until golden and cooked through, turning occasionally.
- Push the sausages to 1 side, add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan (swish out the can with a little water and pour that in, too). Add the sugar and seasoning and cook for 6-8 minutes, until thickened. Stir in the beans and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the basil, if using, just before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...