Balsamic sausage, pepper and red onion bake
- October 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 30 min
This Italian-inspired bake combines sausages, pepper and red onion with a sticky balsamic and honey glaze for a quick and easy midweek dinner.
- 30g (10g saturated)
- 23.4g (20.4g sugars)
- 8 British free-range pork sausages (flavoured with fennel, if available)
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 red peppers, cut into 3cm chunks
- 3 yellow peppers, cut into 3cm chunks
- 2 large red onions, cut into 1cm thick wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
To serve (optional)
- Mashed potato
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/gas 6. Put the sausages, garlic, peppers and onions in a large roasting tin. Drizzle with the oil and add a good pinch of salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, honey and oregano, mix well, then bake for a further 15 minutes or until the vegetables are golden and the sausages cooked. Serve with mashed potato, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...