Scallop and salmon salad with beans and quail’s eggs
- August 2008
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 minutes
Low in calories and high in fibre, this healthy scallop recipe makes a lovely light meal. It’s made exciting by a hit of ginger and chilli.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 15.2g (3.1g saturated)
- 29.4g (5.7g sugar)
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 25g fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 5 spring onions, sliced
- 200g scallops, halved if large
- 200g skinless salmon fillet, cut into cubes of similar size to the scallops
- 500g small new potatoes
- 200g French beans, topped
- 150g frozen soya beans
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 quail’s eggs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- In a large, non-metallic bowl, mix the soy sauce, ginger, chilli and spring onions for a marinade.
- Pat the scallops and salmon dry with kitchen paper and add to the bowl of marinade. Turn to coat, then cover and set aside to marinate.
- Meanwhile, put the potatoes in a large pan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil, simmer for 10 minutes, then add both the beans. Cook for a further 3 minutes, then drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of the cooking water. Refresh until cold, then put in a bowl with the tomatoes.
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil, carefully add the eggs and cook for 2½ minutes. Drain and plunge into cold water. Peel and halve once cold.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan until searingly hot. Add the oil, remove the scallops and salmon from the marinade and fry for 3 minutes, turning only once or twice. Add any remaining marinade with the reserved vegetable water and lime juice and heat through.
- Gently toss the fish with all the other salad ingredients, season with black pepper and serve immediately.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken wings, scallops and leeks with prune purée
An interpretation of Scottish favourite, cock-a-leekie soup, this restaurant-style dish of chicken wings, scallops and...
Scallops with lemon, basil and chilli brown butter
We used delicious. Produce Award-winning scallops, from The Ethical Shellfish Company, to create this simple...