Sesame tuna steaks with noodle salad
- August 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
There are lots of flavours and textures going on in this dish; you wouldn’t believe that you could achieve it all in half an hour.
Crunchy tuna, crispy fried chilli and soft and satisfying noodles combine in a hearty, Asian style salad.
- 24.8g (3.9g saturated)
- 33.2g (6.6g sugars)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 sliced red chilli
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- 5cm piece of fresh ginger
- Bunch of sliced spring onions
- 200g green beans
- 2 vermicelli noodle nests
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 250g sliced cherry tomatoes
- 100g sesame seeds
- 4 x 150g yellowfin tuna steaks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, then gently fry the chilli, garlic cloves and fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into matchsticks, until crisp. Remove and set aside. Fry the spring onions in the same pan until golden, then remove and set aside.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the green beans for 2 minutes, then add the noodle nests and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until al dente. Drain both and refresh in cold water.
- Mix the toasted sesame oil, soy sauce and lime juice in a large bowl. Toss through the noodles and green beans with the cherry tomatoes and the spring onions.
- Put the sesame seeds on a plate and press the tuna steaks (or see tip) on top to coat all over. Heat a glug of olive oil in a frying pan over a high heat and cook the steaks for 1 minute on each side. Slice and serve with the noodle salad and crispy aromatics.
For a vegetarian alternative, swap tuna for a block of firm tofu and fry until golden on all sides, then slice and serve as you would the tuna.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter