Sheet pan cookie with Christmas chocolates
- December 2021
- Serves 4-6
- Hands-on time 15 min, plus 30 min oven time
Looking for an easy Christmas dessert with wow factor? Meet our two-step, one-pan sheet cookie with Christmas chocolates. Serve warm from the pan with vanilla ice cream.
Fans of a one-pan pud? Our sharing pan brownie with Lindors recipe is similar.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 38.6g (22.8g saturated)
- 83.2g (56.4g sugars)
- 200g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g soft light brown sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- 2 medium free-range egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250g Quality Street or Roses chocolates, half chopped, half left whole
- Vanilla ice cream to serve
You’ll also need
- 23-25cm ovenproof skillet/frying pan (ideally cast iron), greased
- Heat the oven to 160ºC fan/gas 4. In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar. Beat in the salt, egg yolks and vanilla until combined, then quickly beat in the flour and baking powder. Stir in the chopped chocolates.
- Spoon the mixture into the skillet pan, pushing it into the edges – it will be quite crumbly. Push the whole chocolates into the top of the cookie dough, then bake for 27-30 minutes, depending on how soft you want your cookie to be. Leave to rest for 10 minutes, then top with vanilla ice cream and serve.
Don’t waste it: Lightly beat the leftover egg whites with a pinch of sugar. Freeze for up to 3 months in a food bag labelled with the quantity and date. Defrost and use for meringues.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...