Giant pan cookie
- April 2018
- Serves 6-8
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 25-30 min
Serve our giant skillet pan cookie whilst still warm and gooey from the oven, with plenty of vanilla ice cream. This is what a proper pudding looks like.
Prefer the smaller ones? Look no further than these, our very best chocolate chip cookies.
- 27g (16.4g saturated)
- 61.8g (37.8g sugars)
- 175g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g light brown soft sugar
- 1 large free-range egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp fine salt
- 200g chocolate chips (we used Guittard Maxi Milk Chocolate Baking Chips, from lakeland.co.uk or amazon.co.uk)
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
You’ll also need…
- 23cm cast-iron frying pan or 23cm sandwich tin
- Heat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5. In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or ‘K beater’ (or in large mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer), cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, then beat until well combined.
- Sift over the flour, baking powder and salt, then beat again briefly to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips using a wooden spoon or spatula (for Peter), then spoon the dough into the frying pan/cake tin and press down gently to flatten and spread evenly to the edges. Bake for 25-30 minutes until risen and golden. Top with scoops of ice cream, then dig straight in with your spoons!
Rate & review