Sizzling paprika beef with peppers and broccoli
- September 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 15 minutes to cook
An extremely tasty sizzling paprika beef with peppers and broccoli stir-fry supper that contains two of your five a day.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 13.6g (3.6g saturated)
- 12.3g (8.7g sugar)
- 2 x 320g beef rump steaks, cut into thin strips
- 3 tbsp kecap manis (from Sainsbury’s and Asian food shops), plus extra for drizzling
- 300g tenderstem broccoli
- 2 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp hot smoked paprika
- Small handful fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Put the steak in a bowl and toss well with the kecap manis. Set aside for 15 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Bring a medium pan of water to the boil, add the broccoli and cook for a few minutes until just tender. Drain and arrange the broccoli in a serving dish.
- Place a heavy-based frying pan or wok over a high heat, add the oil and heat until smoking. Swiftly add the onion and peppers and toss in the pan for just a few minutes until they are beginning to soften.
- Sprinkle over the chilli, garlic and paprika and quickly toss together. Add the steak and any marinade in the bowl and continue to cook for just 2 minutes until the steak is browned and cooked, adding about 3-4 tbsp water towards the end of cooking.
- Spoon the pan contents over the broccoli, including all the pan juices, scatter with coriander and serve immediately with rice and extra kecap manis to drizzle over.
Kecap manis is a thick Indonesian soy sauce, fantastic as an instant marinade to flavour meat. It gives a deliciously caramelised, sticky finish and mixes well in many dishes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick Chinese recipes
Sticky ginger beef and sprouting broccoli stir-fry
The classic Asian flavours in this lip-smacking beef stir-fry work well as a takeaway-style dish...
Tender sesame beef and pepper stir-fry
For this fabulous stir-fry recipe the marinade gives the beef flavour and the sesame coating...