Sizzling paprika beef with peppers and broccoli
- September 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 15 minutes to cook
An extremely tasty sizzling paprika beef with peppers and broccoli stir-fry supper that contains two of your five a day.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 13.6g (3.6g saturated)
- 12.3g (8.7g sugar)
- 2 x 320g beef rump steaks, cut into thin strips
- 3 tbsp kecap manis (from Sainsbury’s and Asian food shops), plus extra for drizzling
- 300g tenderstem broccoli
- 2 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp hot smoked paprika
- Small handful fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Put the steak in a bowl and toss well with the kecap manis. Set aside for 15 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Bring a medium pan of water to the boil, add the broccoli and cook for a few minutes until just tender. Drain and arrange the broccoli in a serving dish.
- Place a heavy-based frying pan or wok over a high heat, add the oil and heat until smoking. Swiftly add the onion and peppers and toss in the pan for just a few minutes until they are beginning to soften.
- Sprinkle over the chilli, garlic and paprika and quickly toss together. Add the steak and any marinade in the bowl and continue to cook for just 2 minutes until the steak is browned and cooked, adding about 3-4 tbsp water towards the end of cooking.
- Spoon the pan contents over the broccoli, including all the pan juices, scatter with coriander and serve immediately with rice and extra kecap manis to drizzle over.
Kecap manis is a thick Indonesian soy sauce, fantastic as an instant marinade to flavour meat. It gives a deliciously caramelised, sticky finish and mixes well in many dishes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick Chinese recipes
Sticky ginger beef and sprouting broccoli stir-fry
The classic Asian flavours in this lip-smacking beef stir-fry work well as a takeaway-style dish...
Tender sesame beef and pepper stir-fry
For this fabulous stir-fry recipe the marinade gives the beef flavour and the sesame coating...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...