Stir-fried beef with broccoli and cashew nuts
- June 2009
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 minutes
Make this with our quick egg fried rice recipe and our blueberry sponge slice and you’ve got yourself a supper for four in just 30 minutes. (Links in the recipe below).
- Dairy-free recipes
- 16.6g (3.9g saturated)
- 12.1g (8.9g sugar)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 x 200g sirloin steaks, trimmed of fat and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, finely sliced into strips
- 50g unsalted cashew nuts, chopped
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 200g Chinese or tenderstem broccoli
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. Add the beef, in 2 batches, and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Remove the beef and set aside.
- Add the garlic, ginger and cashews and stir-fry for just a minute, then add the sweet chilli sauce, ketchup, soy sauce, chilli flakes and 100ml water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the broccoli to the sauce and stir-fry for 2 minutes, then return the beef to the wok to heat through.
- Divide the quick egg fried rice (see recipe) among bowls and top with the beef.
Serve prawn crackers with a bowl of sweet chilli sauce for dipping (we like Blue Dragon, from major supermarkets).
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick beef stir-fry with cabbage and coconut
If stir-fry is your midweek saviour, try this one-pan Asian wonder that combines steak with...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...