Stir-fried beef with broccoli and cashew nuts
- June 2009
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 minutes
Make this with our quick egg fried rice recipe and our blueberry sponge slice and you’ve got yourself a supper for four in just 30 minutes. (Links in the recipe below).
- Dairy-free recipes
- 16.6g (3.9g saturated)
- 12.1g (8.9g sugar)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 x 200g sirloin steaks, trimmed of fat and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, finely sliced into strips
- 50g unsalted cashew nuts, chopped
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 200g Chinese or tenderstem broccoli
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. Add the beef, in 2 batches, and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Remove the beef and set aside.
- Add the garlic, ginger and cashews and stir-fry for just a minute, then add the sweet chilli sauce, ketchup, soy sauce, chilli flakes and 100ml water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the broccoli to the sauce and stir-fry for 2 minutes, then return the beef to the wok to heat through.
- Divide the quick egg fried rice (see recipe) among bowls and top with the beef.
Serve prawn crackers with a bowl of sweet chilli sauce for dipping (we like Blue Dragon, from major supermarkets).
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick beef stir-fry with cabbage and coconut
If stir-fry is your midweek saviour, try this one-pan Asian wonder that combines steak with...