Easy mustard and dill salmon with new potatoes and asparagus
- May 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
Sometimes simplicity really is best and this classic spring combination of salmon, asparagus and new potatoes is a perfect example. Make this dish as a seasonal midweek meal in spring, or to spoil your mum on Mother’s Day.
Or, how about this tasty traybake of pancetta-wrapped salmon with griddled asparagus?
- Gluten-free recipes
- 32.9g (9.9g saturated)
- 31.8g (5.3g sugars)
- 750g jersey royal or new potatoes, halved if large
- 200g asparagus spears, tough ends trimmed
- 200ml soured cream
- Small bunch fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sustainable salmon fillets, skin on
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/gas 6. Fill a large pan with boiling water and put a steamer with a lid on top. Steam the potatoes for 15-20 minutes until tender, adding the asparagus for the last 5 minutes (less time if the stalks are particularly thin).
- Meanwhile, mix the soured cream, dill and dijon mustard in a small bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Fry the salmon, skin-side down, for 4 minutes, then gently turn and cook for 4 minutes more or until cooked through. Set aside and keep warm. Pour the sauce into the pan and gently warm through for a minute – don’t let it boil. Serve the fish with the steamed vegetables, then pour the sauce over the fish.
Roast the potatoes in the oven until crisp, adding the asparagus for the last 10 minutes or so.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
March seasonal recipes
Tray-roast salmon and vegetables with crème fraîche and crumbs
Midweek dinner couldn’t be any easier than combining breadcrumb-coated salmon fillets with slice potatoes, broccoli...
Salmon fillet recipes
Our salmon fillet recipes take inspiration from around...
Jersey royal new potato recipes
Jersey royal potatoes are a highlight of spring...
British asparagus is in season from late April...
Recipes to celebrate spring
As new shoots start to creep through, it's...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...