Spaghetti and chicken meatballs in red pepper sauce
- February 2021
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, simmering time 10 min
These tasty chicken meatballs with spaghetti and red pepper sauce take just 30 minutes to make. The meatballs are made with chicken sausages and the storecupboard ingredients like olives guarantee lots of flavour.
Or, how about this creamy chicken tagliatelle recipe with a white wine and mustard-laced sauce?
- 22.3g (7.5g saturated)
- 72.1g (8g sugars)
- 480g jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 x 340g packets free-range chicken sausages
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 100ml single cream
- 350g spaghetti or any other pasta
- Bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 60g green olives, pitted and sliced if large
- Parmesan or mature cheddar, shaved
Useful to have
- Stick blender
- Soak the peppers in a bowl of fresh water while you prepare and cook the meatballs.
- Remove and discard the skins from the sausages, then roll the filling into balls the size of whole walnuts. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the meatballs until browned all over, then remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same pan, fry the onion and celery with plenty of seasoning until soft. Drain the red peppers, roughly chop, then add to the onion mixture. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cream.
- Using a stick blender, whizz the sauce to a purée, then add about 100ml kettle-warm water. (If you don’t have a stick blender, it’s fine to leave the sauce chunky.) Bring to a simmer, then return the meatballs to the sauce and simmer for about 10 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as per the pack instructions. Drain, then add to the sauce and toss to coat. Divide among 4 plates and serve topped with the chopped parsley, olives and cheese shavings.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cajun-style chicken meatballs
This recipe for cajun-style chicken meatballs is a delicious twist on a classic, and is...