Roast tomato and pepper pasta
- October 2006
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 40 minutes in the oven
Roasting the tomatoes and peppers really deepens the flavour, as this easy vegetarian pasta recipe shows.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 14.2g (3.8g saturated)
- 92.2g (17.5g sugar)
- 800g ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 yellow peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- Pinch of sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g pasta twists or shells
- 75g pitted black olives
- Good handful fresh basil leaves, torn
- 40g shaved vegetarian Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Divide the tomatoes, peppers and sliced garlic between 2 roasting tins. Sprinkle with the sugar, drizzle with the oil and season well with salt and pepper. Give the tins a good shake and roast for 40 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions or until al dente. Drain, reserving some of the cooking water, and return both to the pan. Pour the hot vegetables over the pasta, then add the olives and basil and gently stir together.
- Serve the pasta in warmed bowls, scattered with the Parmesan.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chickpea, tomato and red pepper salad, avocado dressing
This chickpea, tomato and red pepper salad can be served as a simple lunch, a...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...