Spaghetti with prawns and chilli
- November 2007
- 400g dried spaghetti
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium-hot red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 150g vine-ripened tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon, plus 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 300-400g cooked and peeled tiger prawns, thawed if frozen
- 150g rocket leaves
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to pack instructions or until the pasta is al dente.
- Shortly before the spaghetti is ready, put the oil and garlic into a large deep frying pan or shallow saucepan over a medium-high heat. As soon as the garlic starts to sizzle, add the chillies and fry for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and fry for a further minute. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, prawns and some seasoning and cook for 11/2-2 minutes, until the prawns are heated through.
- Drain the spaghetti and add to the pan of prawns with the rocket and toss together well. Divide between 4 warmed pasta bowls and serve.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter