Spicy Oriental lamb salad
- April 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 10 minutes to cook, plus marinating
A budget Asian-style recipe that’s low in calories and carbohydrates. A quick and healthy option.
- 15.1g (5.6g saturated)
- 4g (3.1 sugar)
- 4 lamb leg steaks
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- A dash Thai fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- A handful of watercress
- A handful of pea shoots
- 8 finely sliced radishes
- Marinate the lamb leg steaks in 3 tbsp soy sauce, garlic and sesame oil for 10 minutes.
- Make a dressing with the chilli, lime juice, 2 tbsp soy sauce, Thai fish sauce, sugar and mint.
- Mix handfuls of watercress and pea shoots with the radishes and some cress, and toss with the dressing
- Cook the lamb in a hot frying pan for 3-4 minutes each side until cooked. Finely slice and add to the salad. Serve with bread.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Favourite lamb recipes
Chia minty yogurt lamb with wholewheat couscous salad
Something a little different to your traditional Sunday lunch, but Vladia Cobrdova’s Middle Eastern-style lamb...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...