Spicy potato wedges
- August 2005
- Serves 4
- Ready in 35 minutes
Satisfy your craving for chips without all the grease. The skin on these potato wedges means you get extra nutrients – and they use less oil than deep-frying.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 24.6g (12.1g saturated)
- 30.1g (3.3g sugars)
- 1kg potatoes, scrubbed
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp all-purpose seasoning (we like Schwartz Season-All)
- 284ml carton soured cream
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- Cut the potatoes in half, then put them flat-side down on a chopping board. Carefully cut each potato half into 6 wedges to make chunky chips.
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based frying pan. Add the potatoes, sprinkle with the seasoning and mix to coat evenly. Cook for 25 minutes over a medium heat, turning occasionally until the wedges are golden on the outside but tender inside.
- Put the soured cream into a bowl and stir in the spring onions. Serve the potato wedges with the soured cream dip.
Rate & review