Cajun-spiced potato wedges
- February 2013
- 1kg floury potatoes, such as king edward, cut into wedges
- 3 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp hot paprika
- 2 tsp each ground black pepper, ground cumin and ground coriander
- Good pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Put the potatoes into a pan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 2 minutes. Drain, then return to the pan over ?a low heat for 1 minute to evaporate any excess moisture. Toss gently to fluff up the edges.
- Heat the oil in a roasting tin. In a small bowl, combine the spices, sugar and salt. Tumble the potatoes into the hot oil, then sprinkle over 1 tbsp of the spice mix (see tip). Roast for 40 minutes, turning regularly, until crisp.
Store leftover spice mix in an airtight jar for up to 1 month.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...