Cajun-spiced potato wedges
- February 2013
- Serves 4
- 50 minutes to cook
Enjoy these Cajun-piced potato wedge as a side dish or just a simple, enjoyable snack.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 9.8g (1.3g saturated)
- 52.1g (8.7g sugars)
- 1kg floury potatoes, such as king edward, cut into wedges
- 3 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp hot paprika
- 2 tsp each ground black pepper, ground cumin and ground coriander
- Good pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Put the potatoes into a pan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 2 minutes. Drain, then return to the pan over ?a low heat for 1 minute to evaporate any excess moisture. Toss gently to fluff up the edges.
- Heat the oil in a roasting tin. In a small bowl, combine the spices, sugar and salt. Tumble the potatoes into the hot oil, then sprinkle over 1 tbsp of the spice mix (see tip). Roast for 40 minutes, turning regularly, until crisp.
Store leftover spice mix in an airtight jar for up to 1 month.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vegan Christmas recipes
Vegan miso mushroom, squash and chestnut wellington
This vegan wellington makes a standout centrepiece whatever the occasion. A mixture of miso mushrooms,...