Jamaican spiced potato wedges
- January 2005
- Makes enough to fill 10 paper cones or 2 large bowls
- Ready in 40 min
Once you’ve tried this tasty snack recipe, you’ll be serving it at any given opportunity, from summer barbecues to parties.
- 10.4g (4.2g saturated)
- 28.7g ( 2.4g sugar)
- About 1.5kg Desirée potatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 284ml tub soured cream, to serve
- 1 lime, cut into 10 wedges, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/ gas 6.
- Wash and dry the potatoes, cut into long, thin wedges and put into a large bowl. Add the oil and jerk seasoning, and toss. Divide between 2 roasting tins and cook for 30-35 minutes or until crisp and golden, giving them a good shake occasionally. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve hot in paper cones or bowls, with the soured cream to dip and lime wedges to squeeze over.
Try coating the potatoes in Indian spices and serve with chutneys and yogurt.
Rate & review