Spicy salmon and aubergine curry
- May 2019
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 25 min
A quick, creamy salmon and aubergine curry made with half coconut milk and half vegetable stock to keep it a little lighter.
Try our spinach, tomato, prawn and salmon curry for an easy dish to feed a crowd.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 42.8g (18.8g saturated)
- 26.4g (13.3g sugars)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 sliced aubergine
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 tbsp gochujang (see Know-how)
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 200ml coconut milk
- 200ml veg stock
- 2 sustainable skinless salmon fillets
- ½ tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 chopped spring onions
- A few fresh coriander sprigs
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the aubergine. Fry for 6-8 minutes until golden. Add the onion and cook for 6-8 minutes until soft. Stir in the gochujang (see Know-how) and crushed garlic cloves and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in the coconut milk and veg stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for 3-4 minutes to thicken.
- Gently add the salmon fillets and simmer for 3 minutes, then turn over and cook for 3 minutes more. Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds, chopped spring onions and a few fresh coriander sprigs. Serve with steamed rice.
Gochujang is a glorious Korean fermented chilli paste that brings heat and complexity to dishes. Find it in the world food aisle of large supermarkets and at souschef.co.uk.
Rate & review
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...