Spicy seafood rice
- July 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 min to make, 20 min to cook, plus defrosting
Use our basic pilaf recipe as the base of this moreish dish. We’ve used squid and prawns here but you can use whatever seafood you like.
- 21.1g (4.9g saturated)
- 50.8g (5g sugar)
- 16 large prawns, shelled and de-veined but with tail shells left on
- 3 large squid, cleaned
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 80g raw chorizo, thickly sliced
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 700g portion basic pilaf recipe, defrosted
- 2 ready-roasted red peppers, chopped
- Large bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- Preheat a griddle pan over a high heat. Put the seafood in a bowl and toss with half the oil. Cook the seafood, in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side until charred. Remove from the pan, cut the squid into rings and set aside with the prawns.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan or paella pan over a medium heat. Cook the chorizo for 3-4 minutes until browned. Stir in the paprika and cayenne, cook for 30 seconds, then add the tomatoes and 100ml water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in the rice and peppers, cook for 3 minutes until heated through, then add the seafood. Sprinkle with the parsley to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter