- June 2009
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 5 mins, plus 18 mins cooking time
This seafood rice recipe is quick and easy – on the table in under 30 minutes. Replace the frozen seafood with stir-fried chicken breast, if you like.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 60g sliced chorizo
- 2 tsp peppery spice mix, such as cajun seasoning
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 300g frozen fruits de mer
- A handful of frozen grilled mixed peppers
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 200g basmati rice
- A few fresh coriander leaves
- Lime wedges
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the chorizo until crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the spice mix, cook for 1 minute, stirring, then add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes over a low heat until softened. Turn up the heat and add the frozen fruits de mer and fry for 5 minutes before stirring through a handful of frozen grilled mixed peppers and chilli. Cook for 3 minutes more, until the seafood is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the basmati rice according to packet instructions, then add to the frying pan along with the crisp chorizo. Stir to combine and check the seasoning. Garnish with a few fresh coriander leaves and serve with lime wedges, to squeeze over.
Rate & review