- September 2011
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g Sainsbury’s ready-diced onion or 1 small onion, diced
- 90g Sainsbury’s Mini Chorizos for Cooking, diced
- 230g pack Sainsbury’s Paella Rice Kit
- 500ml good quality chicken stock, hot
- 100g El Navr Whole Piquillo Peppers from Sainsbury’s, or ready roasted peppers
- 200g peeled raw king prawns, deveined
- Small bunch of fresh coriander, leaves roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan, add the diced onion and chorizo and fry for 5 minutes. Stir through the paella mix and toast the rice for a couple of minutes, then pour over the hot stock. Cover and leave to simmer gently for 10 minutes. Stir through the roasted peppers and the prawns, then season well.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes more until the rice is tender and the prawns are cooked through. Mix in the chopped coriander to serve.
Leftover chicken can be added to this recipe.
Rate & review