Spicy tomato and mackerel pasta
- May 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
Stir smoked mackerel fillets and tagliatelle into spicy tomato sauce for a quick satisfying midweek dinner. If you’re not a fan of mackerel, try this recipe with prawns or hot-smoked salmon.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 21.3g (4.5g saturated)
- 70.9g (10.3g sugars)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 x 230g pots ready-made spicy arrabbiata sauce (we like Mattarello, from Ocado)
- 200g smoked mackerel fillets, skin removed, flaked into chunks
- 450g fresh tagliatelle
- Large bunch fresh basil leaves, torn if large
From the storecupboard
- Olive oil for frying
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add a good pinch of salt. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan, then add the onion. Fry over a medium heat for 5-8 minutes until it starts to soften and colour.
- Add the sauce to the onion and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the mackerel and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- While the sauce is simmering, drop the pasta into the boiling water and cook according to the pack instructions. Drain the pasta quickly (a bit of remaining pasta water will help loosen the sauce), then stir into the sauce. Scatter with the basil, then serve straightaway.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Spinach and garlic fusilli with crispy breadcrumbs
You’ll find almost everything you need for this spinach and garlic fusilli recipe in your...