Steak caesar sandwich
- September 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Sirloin steak, anchovy fillets and grana padano combine to make the ultimate power sarnie. THIS is how to do lunch properly!
If you like this, our barbecue pepper steak sandwich recipe is one to try.
- 34.1g (9.8g saturated)
- 38.1g (3.7g sugars)
- 50g grated grana padano
- Ground black pepper
- 2 x 200g British sirloin steaks
- Olive oil
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 crushed garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 20g grated grana padano
- The juice ½ lemon
- 2 x 160g ciabatta leaves
- Handful of rocket leaves
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar (sliced)
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Line a baking sheet with non-stick baking paper, then sprinkle with an even layer of 50g grated grana padano. Add ground black pepper, then bake for 10 minutes until the cheese forms a melted, golden sheet. Set aside to cool.
- Rub 2 x 200g British sirloin steaks with a glug of olive oil. Heat a frying/griddle pan until very hot, then season the steaks with salt and black pepper and fry for 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare (longer if you prefer them cooked more). Set aside to rest.
- In a small bowl, crush 4 anchovy fillets with a fork, then stir in 1 crushed garlic clove, 4 tbsp mayonnaise, 20g grated grana padano and the juice of ½ lemon. Taste and season, then add a splash of water.
- Halve and toast 2 x 160g ciabatta loaves in the griddle/frying pan, then spread each half with some of the dressing. Top each half with a handful of rocket leaves and 2 roasted red peppers from a jar (sliced).
- Slice the steak thinly, then divide among the ciabatta. Break the grana padano crisp into shards and scatter over the top. Drizzle with the dressing to serve.
Rate & review