Steamed spinach with shallots
- November 2006
- Serves 6
- Ready in 15 minutes
This healthy steamed spinach with shallots recipe makes a great side dish for any meal.
- 8.2g (2.9g saturated)
- 3.3g (2.8g sugar)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 750g spinach, washed and large stalks removed
- 25g butter
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a wide shallow pan. Add the shallots and cook gently for about 5 minutes, until soft but not browned. Add the spinach, increase the heat and cook for 2-3 minutes until it has wilted.
- Tip the spinach and shallots into a colander and press out the excess liquid from the spinach. Return the pan to the heat, add the butter, spinach, shallots and the nutmeg and some seasoning to taste. Turn over briefly until the butter has melted. Serve with the Rosemary and garlic roast potatoes and Roast monkfish fillet with red wine sauce (see recipes).
Rate & review