Sticky beef and noodle salad
- August 2009
- For 4 people
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 10 minutes to cook, plus marinating
These juicy steaks are marinated in sweet chilli and soy sauce and served with nutty noodle salad and fresh veg.
- 20.1g (5.6g saturated)
- 74.5g (13.9g sugars)
- 4 x 175g rump or sirloin steaks
- 50ml soy sauce
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 4 bunches of dried glass noodles
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50g cashew nuts
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- Marinate the steak in a bowl with the soy and sweet chilli sauces for 10 minutes. Pour boiling water over the noodles and stand for 4 minutes, then drain and cool under the cold tap.
- Whizz the ginger, garlic, cashews and chilli in a small food processor (or pound in a pestle and mortar) to form a paste. Set aside.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan until very hot. Ensure the steaks are well coated in the marinade, then cook them for 3-4 minutes each side for medium rare (you may need to do this in batches). Set aside to rest.
- Heat the oil in a pan or wok over a medium-high heat and fry the cashew paste for a minute, then add the veg and a splash of water and cook for 2 minutes. Add the noodles and coriander and stir well. Serve the noodles with the sticky beef.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter